Practice Workflow & Information Management Redesign Specialist Examination
Workers in this role assist in reorganizing the work of a provider to take full advantage of the features of health IT in pursuit of meaningful use of health IT to improve health and care. Individuals in this role may have backgrounds in health care (for example, as a practice administrator) or in information technology, but are not licensed clinical professionals.
Workers in this role will:
- Conduct user requirements analysis to facilitate workflow design.
- Integrate information technology functions into workflow.
- Document health information exchange needs.
- Design processes and information flows that accommodate quality improvement and reporting.
- Work with provider personnel to implement revised workflows.
- Evaluate process workflows to validate or improve practice’s systems.